Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aseprite - Pixel Art Tool

Wize1

Adventurer
Xy$
http://www.aseprite.org/
(click older versions for the free version)
Handy looking sprite designer tool. Downloaded it myself and it seems perfect for creating sprites and art for RPG Maker.

Except I can't draw worth a ship.

If you are any good--- Please add me on skype so I can watch you draw something. I want to see it done by someone who can.

my skype: wize.1 (simon kemper)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
That's pretty cool what you found there. Ill immediately check it out when my laptop is back ;) Thanks for sharing it with us~

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
I'm more of a Microsoft Paint XP man. 8) Oh the good ol' days when i scribbled around in paint and colored random spots different colors. That was the beginning of something great. I like to sprite but it's such a hassle sometimes with RPG Maker sprites. Making them over and over and then faces in all different sides. XD

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
@Status Gear Entertainment
Microsoft paint xp was just perfect. I had such a great time drawing stuff XD the newer paint confuses me at times and I cant zoom near enough so I do my pixelart mostly with gimp. But this old paint program was so cool I wish I had it back even though it's really old by now XD

Praised Adventurer
Microsoft paint xp was just perfect. I had such a great time drawing stuff XD the newer paint confuses me at times and I cant zoom near enough so I do my pixelart mostly with gimp. But this old paint program was so cool I wish I had it back even though it's really old by now XD
Believe it or not, in some cases when photoshop gets out of hand and I know SAI paint can't be exact, some of my art I do resort to going back to XP. I also use XP to calculate and measure the distance of my projects like if i need to see if something is 1 pixel off or not. XD

Wize1

Adventurer
Xy$
I just have a fetish for pixel art. I love squares. I just love drawing up close in squares and then zoom out and it looks smooth. Mm

Praised Adventurer
Thank you! 2012, was about the time I switched over from Paint to Photoshop. ^v^ But I do like the spriting still! When you do get your laptop fixed, please do share! I love seeing others pixel art!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Will my old Pixel Art be enough to sacrifice to you oh Pixel lover?

This looks AMAZING. And it's pretty inspiring (ahh the old nintendo ds lite. What great time). I'd like to show some of my stuff too but my laptop is in reparation. Thank you for sharing, it looks great~ <3
Thank you! 2012, was about the time I switched over from Paint to Photoshop. ^v^ But I do like the spriting still! When you do get your laptop fixed, please do share! I love seeing others pixel art!
Lets try and stay on topic please. There is an art area for showing off art and getting feedback. Thanks :D

thssitesux

Villager
Xy$
Photoshop can do all this and more. If this were a engine geared for RPG maker mv specifically I would find it more useful. I think a really useful thing would be a 3-d Pixel charcter creator. it would cut out alot of time. Image sculpting a 3-d pixel charcter and creating bones to adjust limbs and such. then just rotate and and save the flat images as different frames that would be amazing for rpg maker.