Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artist Wanted Desparately

TIMaciousD

Villager
Xy$
So I've messed with RPG Maker on and off for quite a few years, but recently picked it back up and actually have a game idea I care about. But artwork is just so daunting to me. I can handle it, but I'm much more suited for... well, basically everything else.

Synopsis:
*NOTE: It's way more detailed than this, but you get the idea.

The currently unnamed main character is dealing with the death of his girlfriend by fighting through the five stages of grief, which will be mostly hidden from the player until the end of the game. Bosses will be made to imitate each stage of grief, and common enemies will portray some sort of emotion, such as sadness. The game will alternate between a modern day setting and a fantasy setting (which will basically be a representation of the surrealism of losing someone you love) to come to grips with reality. That is how the heart of the story is kept a mystery from the player. Flashes to reality (the modern day setting) will occasionally flash for a brief second. Basically, it will feel like a fantasy rpg with glimpses of reality seeping in. And, of course, he will have help from his friends along the way.

I've only got a few so far (and they're more concept than anything) but here we go.

Other Media:
I do have a good deal of piano music lined up as well. You can find some of it (and some other unused stuff) here:

Plans:
I want to get this game on Steam (which, of course, means a possibility of money). I've been impressed by a few RPG Maker games on there recently. Naturally, that got me started on the whole project.

Positions Filled:
Oh No's! Nothing yet? :/

So, like I said, I'm looking for an artist to help out. Though, if you want to help out in another area let me know!

Last edited:
I can't really help you with art, as I'm a mere amateur at best, but this whole idea sounds like it could be something very interesting, fun and metaphysical. I like the idea of presenting the star of our tale enemies that symbolize the mythos of feeling, the stages of grief as an actual manifestation of human ordeal. I think that's pretty deep on a dreamy level, in the sense that we confront our demons this way. Anyways, what I can help you with is writing. I can take up post as a character modeler, and help with the general narrative techniques, how to tell the story, each characters' arc, and the storyline. If you understand how much hard work goes into making a game, even a game made on the RPG Maker series, and can commit to the project, I'm there with you as co-author.

TIMaciousD

Villager
Xy$
I can't really help you with art, as I'm a mere amateur at best, but this whole idea sounds like it could be something very interesting, fun and metaphysical. I like the idea of presenting the star of our tale enemies that symbolize the mythos of feeling, the stages of grief as an actual manifestation of human ordeal. I think that's pretty deep on a dreamy level, in the sense that we confront our demons this way. Anyways, what I can help you with is writing. I can take up post as a character modeler, and help with the general narrative techniques, how to tell the story, each characters' arc, and the storyline. If you understand how much hard work goes into making a game, even a game made on the RPG Maker series, and can commit to the project, I'm there with you as co-author.
That sounds fantastic! I probably have an overly complex story for one person to effectively handle without losing the point, and this is a story I want to nail.

Last edited: