Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway to change the name of the savefile?

Hello guys!

First of all i'm new here and i hope this is the right place to post this question. If not i'm really sorry.

I'd like to know if there's any way to change the name of .rpgsave so that the i can differentiate the saves in-game instead of save1, save2 etc.

This is so that i can keep track of the branches in the game.

Thank you in advance.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello guys!

First of all i'm new here and i hope this is the right place to post this question. If not i'm really sorry.

I'd like to know if there's any way to change the name of .rpgsave so that the i can differentiate the saves in-game instead of save1, save2 etc.

This is so that i can keep track of the branches in the game.

Thank you in advance.
Made a plugin for you. CT_Bolt's Save Plugin: Click Here to Download

Using this plugin you can set game variables to be used for the save file patterns.

Local Pattern Examples:
file%1.rpgsave
blahblahblah%1.savefile

Web Key Pattern Examples:
RPG File%1
BLAHBLAHBLAH File%1

Simply set the parameters to the variable Id's you wish to use for the save patterns.

Then set that variable to the save pattern. Like the picture below:

Then save your game.
Tada!

Please let me know how it goes. Hope that works as you needed. (cute)

Attachments

Last edited:
Made a plugin for you. CT_Bolt's Save Plugin: Click Here to Download

Using this plugin you can set game variables to be used for the save file patterns.

Local Pattern Examples:
file%1.rpgsave
blahblahblah%1.savefile

Web Key Pattern Examples:
RPG File%1
BLAHBLAHBLAH File%1

Simply set the parameters to the variable Id's you wish to use for the save patterns.

Then set that variable to the save pattern. Like the picture below:
View attachment 8139

Then save your game.
Tada!

Please let me know how it goes. Hope that works as you needed. (cute)
First of all thank you very much for the help! But unfortunately i'm unable to understand how the plugin works. Would you mind keeping up with my ignorance a bit longer?

Where do i place the .js file? in the game folder? I tried double clicking the plugin but it shows an error, which makes me realize that's not the way you have to open the plugin. And could you lay down the method to use the plugin to chance save file name?

Any help is appreciated. And thank you once again!!!!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
First of all thank you very much for the help! But unfortunately i'm unable to understand how the plugin works. Would you mind keeping up with my ignorance a bit longer?

Where do i place the .js file? in the game folder? I tried double clicking the plugin but it shows an error, which makes me realize that's not the way you have to open the plugin. And could you lay down the method to use the plugin to chance save file name?

Any help is appreciated. And thank you once again!!!!
Installing Plugins:

Demo Project of my Plugin:

See demo for how to use.
Let me know how it goes (cool)(thumbsup)

Last edited:
Installing Plugins:

Demo Project of my Plugin:

See demo for how to use.
Let me know how it goes (cool)(thumbsup)
The guide video shows how to use the plugin when we are starting a new project, is it possible to use this plugin on an already existing game with save files already present? I mean can i edit the names of the saves already present?

PS: i'm no developer of games, i just wanted to name the saves of a game i play so that it'll be easier for me to play at a later date.

PSS: Thank you for all the help!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
The guide video shows how to use the plugin when we are starting a new project, is it possible to use this plugin on an already existing game with save files already present? I mean can i edit the names of the saves already present?

PS: i'm no developer of games, i just wanted to name the saves of a game i play so that it'll be easier for me to play at a later date.
Ooohhh??? Ok totally had the wrong idea then...
... thought you needed to change the save "filename" (not to be confused with save "title") for some reason during a game that you were developing.

In that case... if you have the project files... this might help... you still need to install that via the plugin manager though.

That allows changes to the save file title but the developer would still be the one to implement that.

Hope that makes sense?