Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Step in my RPGMaker Journey (New Member)

Hellviper

Villager
Xy$
Hello everyone! I just started up RPGMaker MV about 2 weeks ago and just found this website so I started lurking a bit. I must say, it is a very helpful site :). So I made an account in hopes of bettering my knowledge of the system.

Introduction about myself:
My name is DonLee Wilson I'm 24 and I own a local Board/Card Game store in Washington. I've always loved designing things, be it Decks for TCGs (Won a lot of Regionals and went undefeated at a National), levels for games (From the original Jet Pack, to games like Trials HD, Mario Maker, and of course Mine Craft). However I've never actually made a game. Before College I made the decision to work towards running my own Game Store. But my 2nd option was to go into Game Design.

I'm new to the system but I've been watching tons of Videos online (Echo607, BenderWaffles, Yanfly Engine, etc) to get the hang of it. Which has fortunately been a HUGE help. So big shout outs to them if they randomly read this, you all are great.

Thanks for reading and hopefully we will have the opportunity to chat in the future!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi DonLee. Welcome to the community. I saw that you are a board/card game store owner. The awesome thing about RPG Maker MV is that there a lot of different applications. I have made a few digital board games with it. One is in the Completed Games section of Resources. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

I saw that you are a mapper. Do you prefer making RTP or custom parallax maps?

Hellviper

Villager
Xy$
Sorry for the late reply! I just use RTP currently, but once I get Photoshop set up I really want to learn more about Parallaxing.

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello and welcome to the forum if you have any questions then you can make it any time Ask the forum is that may help secure continued . You can also ask questions about resources , if something of what you are looking for does not exist yet.

As shopkeepers you sure I can do a lot to imagine . Therefore, it will be sure hard to do both a hat I guess. especially if the end of the quarter comes closer.