Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying flicker after changing "Show Picture"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I have this irritating problem when I use 'Show Choices', I get this annoying flicker when an image changes. I have above it 'Show Picture 1', which is a character bust for a normal expression. After selecting a choice, and changing Picture 1 to something else (a different bust for a different emotion), I get a really quick flicker as the image changes to the other one.

I ONLY am getting this problem after using 'Show Picture' after selecting a choice. The picture seamlessly changes if done after something like a 'Show Text' event.

I tried using Remove Picture 1, and readding a new Picture 1, but the result is the same, I get that stupid flicker!

If anyone could help I'd be happy!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
You may have to use the Preload Manager plugin to preload all pictures you're going to use often, either on start up or during a map change, I prefer at start up. I'm pretty sure it's the way MV works, it won't show the picture fast enough unless it's preloaded, so it's wise to preload the images you use a lot of, like your battle animations and your bust images.

The preload manager fixed my problems with flicker in pictures. Additionally it fixed my problem with lag when playing the games with map preload turned on.

If you've got a load of file names and don't want to enter them manually post your format and I can make you a simple program to generate the array text you'd copy and paste. This is coming from a guy who preloads over 2000 images.

Last edited:

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
That's really interesting, definitely going to try that out. At first, I thought my eventing was bad, but after I noticed it occurring in three different instances of eventing, I decided to make this thread and ask around in here! I had a feeling @LTN Games would have been the first to reply too. :3 Was all excited that the new patch 1.20 would have fixed it, but no good. :(

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Hehehe I love support questions, I always do my best to answer right away lol. I hope it worked for you. It's too bad MV itself does not preload on bootup, I mean it only makes sense I don't think there is a single game out there that does not preload assets on startup.

I had a feeling @LTN Games would have been the first to reply too. :3
He's ninja'd me a few times so I leave him to it now LOL.

It's too bad MV itself does not preload on bootup, I mean it only makes sense I don't think there is a single game out there that does not preload assets on startup.
You'd think, right?! But then perhaps they KNEW that the community and some of MV's users would find a solution FOR them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.