Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plugin Animating Your Battlebacks

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
That's amazing. So many awesome things you could do with this. Does it allow actual animated backgrounds, or simply just scrolling of the background? Example:
would this be able to become a background.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
That's amazing. So many awesome things you could do with this. Does it allow actual animated backgrounds, or simply just scrolling of the background? Example:

would this be able to become a background.
I only implemented scrolling so far since it's the easiest to do lol
For animating specific parts of the background, you'll have to think about how you want to do it.

1. You can create an entire spritesheet for the torches and have it loop during battle. Most of the image will be transparent so this shouldn't be too bad for filesize.

However, it's one image, so that has its own limitations.

2. You can create separate torch sprites, and add them to the battle scene. Each sprite can have different animation settings, and you can have different torch sprites. You could specify the zoom level if you want the ones further in the back to look smaller.

This would require more work on your part since there isn't really a way to automatically tell the engine where to put the torches, so you'll have to do the set up manually. I haven't thought of how to improve the "scene creation" process, but it would be interesting if there was a way to build it with the aid of 3rd party tools.

cav_dan

Towns Guard
I loved the effect, that can really bring life to some battle scenes.

However, I do think the characters moving up and down to be a bit nauseating. Maybe make it reeeaally slow, or not move them at all.

Also, please share some of your code! =D

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
I always had this idea.
Where, rather than use an image, you could assign a small map as the background, in which you could run events to do work like this.
Would make it easier to animate stuff.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Looks neat so far. would be awesome for a sky level and making the player have certain teams with heroes who can fly/have ranged attacks!