Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMA -- Cate

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Hey guys! As I have gotten more and more entrenched in this community, I thought that it might be a good time to let you guys... ask me anything. I just ask that everything in this thread stay respectful :) I'm generally an open book, but everyone has those pages they want stuck together.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Wait. This has been here since Saturday, and no questions? None? Zip? Nada? GUYS. STEP YO GAME UP!

If you could only pick one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would you pick? (cheeky)

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Coke for sure. I drink a lot of diet coke... I used to drink diet pepsi but then they dropped the aspartame. I probably drink too much soda, but I also just drink "too much" liquid anyway. I'm about on the cusp of dangerous >>

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Coke for sure. I drink a lot of diet coke... I used to drink diet pepsi but then they dropped the aspartame. I probably drink too much soda, but I also just drink "too much" liquid anyway. I'm about on the cusp of dangerous >>
hahaha! Understandable, although I'm more of a Pepsi person myself. Okay, Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Salty for sure. I don't go overboard with the salt, but I am not that big into sweets. I just have a bit here and again.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Salty for sure. I don't go overboard with the salt, but I am not that big into sweets. I just have a bit here and again.
Yay! I am the same way, I will eat sweets once in a blue moon... okay, console video games, or computer video games?

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Console games. I don't play a lot of games on the computer, but that's partially because I have a mac and there haven't been many of them, traditionally speaking.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Console games. I don't play a lot of games on the computer, but that's partially because I have a mac and there haven't been many of them, traditionally speaking.
Oh yeah, I used to have a Mac... didn't like that I didn't have very many gaming options.
Okay, do you have a 3DS and if you do have you ever played Bravely Default (It's a final fantasy game)

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
My husband has one that I sometimes steal.... I've never played it. Should I?
YES! I loved the game, and they already made a second one called Bravely Second that they haven't released in America yet...
Okay~ If you had to choose one board game to entertain yourself because there was nothing else to do, what board game would it be?

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
@Cunechan I am pretty damn nerdy when it comes to music. I tend to do playlists based on whatever novel/game I am working on. Lately I have been listening to LOTR soundtracks and Final Fantasy soundtracks... But also a whole punch of pre-WWI music (Ada Jones, Billy Murray) because I am writing a book set in 1908-1911. Prior to that I was listening to Japanese Sailor Moon music constantly.

If I had to pick a FAVORITE genre I would say pop ballads??? Or Groban/Brightman. But I also listen to a LOT of opera. So... hard choice.

@DarcHiro Okay! Maybe I will check it out once I finish re-playing Chrono Trigger. Would I be playing this board game alone? Maybe RISK because I could pretend to conquer the world.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
@Cunechan I am pretty damn nerdy when it comes to music. I tend to do playlists based on whatever novel/game I am working on. Lately I have been listening to LOTR soundtracks and Final Fantasy soundtracks... But also a whole punch of pre-WWI music (Ada Jones, Billy Murray) because I am writing a book set in 1908-1911. Prior to that I was listening to Japanese Sailor Moon music constantly.

If I had to pick a FAVORITE genre I would say pop ballads??? Or Groban/Brightman. But I also listen to a LOT of opera. So... hard choice.

@DarcHiro Okay! Maybe I will check it out once I finish re-playing Chrono Trigger. Would I be playing this board game alone? Maybe RISK because I could pretend to conquer the world.
Nah, the board game wouldn't be alone... and yes you should check out Bravely Default!

Okay, now I know you're a writer... but if you had to choose one thing about writing a game, what would be your favorite? Like say do you prefer to write the plot, lore, backstory, ect...