Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMA - Ask The Wulf...Anything!

Since I'm such a private person I don't often do these AMA things and, like several others here, I've been burned by them...a lot! But I thought why not?! This IS a forum I can feel comfortable in, with cool people, after all.

So, if you want to know "anything" about me, feel free to ask. I'll answer honestly, promise!

JibstaMan

Towns Guard
Xy$
What do you enjoy most about writing? What would you want to accomplish with your writing?

Why is your title strangely conflicting with your name? You're both a companion and a lone wolf?

What do you enjoy most about writing?
Writing to me is a form of expression. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, though usually it does. I also like writing stories, mostly sci-fantasy or paranormal stuff. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, probably starting from the day I could pick up a pen and write legible sentences.

What would you want to accomplish with your writing?
I'd like to consolidate a lot of my old stories, complete the unfinished ones, and publish the finished ones. I've been published (and self-published) before, but a lot of that is now out-of-print. With Otherworld MV, as an example, there is a HUGE amount of written-down material that can be drawn upon for several novels. The game was based on the novella, but now the novel will be based on the game.

Why is your title strangely conflicting with your name? You're both a companion and a lone wolf?
I answered this in the post How Did You Get Your Username?, but I'll requote it here as well:

Since 2004, I've used the username "ferewulf". It's derived from Old English. "Fere" means "companion" or "friend" and "wulf" is (obviously) "wolf". At around the same time I met my other half, so it seemed doubly significant, since "fere" is also an old word for "spouse; animal's mate"; I've also always associated with a wolf, specifically a "rogue" wolf. Because the word "fere" is a homophone (a word that is pronounced the same as another word - in this case "fear" - but as a different meaning), it had some negative connotations, hence, it was changed instead to "companion". After that, "Companion Wulf" stuck and I've been using it ever since for all of my online projects, usernames and websites, and it's my official pen name for all my writing projects as well.