Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allow M4A Files to Show in Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
So I have custom composed a Track for my bgm folder, have made sure the file is an M4A file but it is not showing up in the actual Games options. I have also noticed the HTML 5 Files above each sound. Is this why my piece is not showing? Or is it something else?

Thanks In Advance,
BeeTree

P.S. Here are some screenshots to help...

Game bgm Folderupload_2016-8-21_21-54-24.png

In Game Menu
upload_2016-8-21_21-55-5.png

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
RPG Maker MV's actual editor will only read .ogg, so you won't see it in RPG Maker MV. The .M4A is for android and HTML5 deployment only and is only used if you deploy as those platforms. Hope this helps :)

If you press f1 while RPG Maker MV is opened you will get a Help file filled with lot's of useful information ;)

Audio Files (Music, Sound Effects)
The file formats that are playable depend on the operating environment, so please prepare the below 2 file formats with the same file name.

• Ogg Vorbis(.ogg)
  • AAC(.m4a)
* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the Ogg Vorbis file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
RPG Maker MV's actual editor will only read .ogg, so you won't see it in RPG Maker MV. The .M4A is for android and HTML5 deployment only and is only used if you deploy as those platforms. Hope this helps :)

If you press f1 while RPG Maker MV is opened you will get a Help file filled with lot's of useful information ;)
Thank You. It is because they show up as M4A's in the actual folder. Will remember this in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.