Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ace To MV Iconset

Ace To MV Iconset 1.0

No permission to download

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
LTN Games submitted a new resource:

Ace To MV Iconset - All ace icons, converted to match MV's style of icon.

These are all of VX Ace icons, edited to fit in MV with the same appearance as MV icons.
Sample:

Exclusive to rpgmakermv.co, if you share anywhere outside of here please be sure to link back to the original resources here on this site.

You must have a legal licensed copy of VX Ace and MV to use these icons.

Credit to Enterbrain, Kadokawa And LTN Games​
Read more about this resource...

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
LTN Games updated Ace To MV Iconset with a new update entry:

First Icon Fix Again

Sorry about the massive amount of updates but the first icon must have replaced itself when I fixed the alignment issues. Here is hopefully the last update to fix the first icon lol.
Read the rest of this update entry...
[doublepost=1445875005,1445874920][/doublepost]
I still see a red box/tile in the first location. If any items in database do not specify an icon this is used by default so typically you'd want it completely blank or transparent.
Maybe my internet is not doing its job and I can't see the update properly?
I must have replaced the first icon when I updated the alignment issues. Should be good to go now :)
[doublepost=1445878438][/doublepost]Okay for some reason the resource database don't seem to be updating the original image everytime I update. I will see what I can do.

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
Edit for better clarity:
A few things I notice on this otherwise fantastic work.

First: some rows of icons are 1 pixel off to the right, which just throws those icons off a little bit. I've already fixed this issue on the copy on my hard drive.

Second: Some of the pictures in the icon boxes are... off center, usually juuuust enough to notice, again I've set out to fix the worst offenders, it's like 5 total.

Third: The first icon (blank red box) in theory should be just a blank spot with nothing in it for transparency since Yanfly's plugin by default uses that spot, so during battle tests I get a blank red icon. I've again fixed this for my personal version, but I will still credit RMVXA and you for the set, since you made it, I only made a couple minor fixes for my needs.

Seriously though, thanks for this, it's awesome. :)

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Yea I have fixed all those issues the same day I uploaded resource, but for some strange reason the resource database don't want to replace the old file with the new one.
I'm going to leave this here until I can fix the original download.
AceMV Full Iconset.png

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
lol you must have hawk eyes, you know how hard it is to find off center icons when they are staring at you in your face like that lol. Good job, thanks for letting me know I will update soon. :)
I can understand that, when you're looking at it for a long time stuff like that kinda just starts slipping by. No worries. It's easily fixable in a few seconds (I fixed that on my copy already, with the running away icon) as well as centering a few others that look a bit off. Most of them are fine though :)

Edit: I'm only aligning them (the pictures in the boxes) on mine out of boredom and something simple to do while I plan out my game I'm making (As a learning experience, using assets already there and stuff, to learn the engine and stuff). If you want when I'm done I can send it to you to update with, you can keep the credit for it.

Edit 2: Red icons are centered, looking good :P

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Yea there was a lot of staring at ace icons and constantly selecting and moving that it is easy to skip by them, or I'll get that one in a minute and completely forget lol . Ah I would take the fixed up version from you but unfortunately for me I will be releasing the PSD file so I will need to re align them myself before uploading it. Thank you though, I appreciate that .
Cheers :)

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
Yeah, I'm using Paint.net to do it, layers makes it easier. Only other thing that would make this easier is having a blank colored box for each group, red and purple are easy because of it, others are needing a more creative touch.

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
I've cleaned this post up. I made 7 add-ons to it about my progress, which I erased for a better typed up message.

First off thanks LTN Games for being such an awesome person and providing me the blank sheet. I decided to start from scratch, and take the icons from my own copy of VX Ace and move them all over. Took me around 5.5-6 hours to do this (With some breaks and distractions in between) and I'm happy I did this. Your idea was great, and I'm glad I could be a second pair of eyes to spot the placing errors of the pictures.

I used Paint.Net to fit these in place, using 2 layers (The boxes on background, and the icons on layer 2) and copied each color category rows of icons from the VX Ace sheet, and then moved them into place by taking the square selection tool, and highlighting only the icon, sliding it into the box, and then manually counting the pixels (using a pixel grid paint.net has) from the icon edge to the border of the box. If the distance was the same on all four edges, then it was truly centered.

However some of the pictures were not the right dimensions to do this with, so I used my own eye and judgement to try and keep it looking like it is centered (all of them that are off are by one pixel vertically and/or horizontally) based on the icon image and how it flowed. I also added a second black row because my sheet had a line of icons you didn't use. All of these icons are straight from the RTP folder on my VX Ace steam installation, to quell any worries.

I also have provided the PSD version. Thanks to the open source nature of Paint.net, a PSD plugin exists, so I was able to easily save it in PSD. I hope all users of this forum who wanted these icons will get great use out of these. I don't ask for credit, as the idea wasn't mine to make these, I only polished them up.

Icon Set VX for MV.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Mysthe

Towns Guard
Xy$
I've cleaned this post up. I made 7 add-ons to it about my progress, which I erased for a better typed up message.

First off thanks LTN Games for being such an awesome person and providing me the blank sheet. I decided to start from scratch, and take the icons from my own copy of VX Ace and move them all over. Took me around 5.5-6 hours to do this (With some breaks and distractions in between) and I'm happy I did this. Your idea was great, and I'm glad I could be a second pair of eyes to spot the placing errors of the pictures.

I used Paint.Net to fit these in place, using 2 layers (The boxes on background, and the icons on layer 2) and copied each color category rows of icons from the VX Ace sheet, and then moved them into place by taking the square selection tool, and highlighting only the icon, sliding it into the box, and then manually counting the pixels (using a pixel grid paint.net has) from the icon edge to the border of the box. If the distance was the same on all four edges, then it was truly centered.

However some of the pictures were not the right dimensions to do this with, so I used my own eye and judgement to try and keep it looking like it is centered (all of them that are off are by one pixel vertically and/or horizontally) based on the icon image and how it flowed. I also added a second black row because my sheet had a line of icons you didn't use. All of these icons are straight from the RTP folder on my VX Ace steam installation, to quell any worries.

I also have provided the PSD version. Thanks to the open source nature of Paint.net, a PSD plugin exists, so I was able to easily save it in PSD. I hope all users of this forum who wanted these icons will get great use out of these. I don't ask for credit, as the idea wasn't mine to make these, I only polished them up.

View attachment 455
You could do a tutorial on how to add more icons, I've been wanting to do it a while but I could :'(!

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
You could do a tutorial on how to add more icons, I've been wanting to do it a while but I could :'(!
The way I did it was I enlarged the canvas by 32 pixels (anchored top center so the new section was placed below) copied the row color I wanted, and moved the rest down, pasting the row and putting it in place. Then it was just putting the pictures in the box.