Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
It kinds of remind me about Digimon, Tron, or anything futuristic as virtual realm. I love cyber stuffs as well, especially mixed with advanced technology :D

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Seeing as how you are a Persona 5 fan like myself, you probably have all / a lot of the same ideas as me. Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, Digimon, Tron, etc. all do apply very well. Oh and of course the Phantasy Star Online series.

For cyber settings, AI always makes an interesting villain/ally. People always make the AIs the bad guys, but I like it better the other way around. I liked Terminator 2 and Genisys because of that. :D Also liked EDI in Mass Effect. I suppose I'll press the idea for making an AI character an active role in the party besides a "helper bot" like they did in SMT IV.

I'm going to need you be more specific of what kind of ideas you are looking for, because otherwise you will probably be saying stuff like "I thought to same thing" or "Yeah, I want to do that".

James

Knight
Xy$
For Cyber Space settings i have always favored the Matrix from Shadowrun( no its not the movie matrix) With the way they had it set up back when 2nd run was still the newest ( i think anyways , its been a bit )

Soul Hackers is still my favorite game, I still have no idea how to fit it to what crazy new world people don't know they know they want, maybe sprinkle some legend of zelda with some multiplayer aspects in.

cav_dan

Towns Guard
I'm guessing you should instead write a few scenes with the charcters, see how they react and stuff like that.

As for themes, maybe you should research the Mesopotamians. They're a rich culture tha's been dead for 4000 years, most peple don't
know much about them. Also, they had Gilgamesh, which sounds like a badass.

Also, check System Shock out if you need a few hints on tone and exploratory narrative structure.

I don't really have too much to add here at the moment, but i do have an idea of a potential enemy or antagonist, the real life Michelangelo virus.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo_(computer_virus)

As a virus its nothing special, but it did cause a big media stir in the 70s, and I think it would just be a cool little historical PC thing to put in. Maybe there can be some new version of it, or maybe the party stumbles across it in cyber space and it begins infesting new computers and rewriting itself to become more powerful.